Pickle lovers, this one is for you. The crunch from the pickle plus the crunch from the fried egg roll wrap plus the melty cheese situation inside is absolutely insane—in the best possible way.
YIELDS:1 DOZENPREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINSTOTAL TIME:0 HOURS 30 MINS
cream cheese, room temperature1 c.
shredded sharp cheddar1 c.
finely diced ham steak2 tbsp.
French’s Honey Mustard, plus more for dipping12
whole dill pickles12
egg roll wrappers2 tbsp.
Vegetable oil, for frying1 tsp.
finely chopped chives
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese with cheddar, ham, and honey mustard.
- Slice each pickle in half lengthwise and then use a small teaspoon to scoop out the seeds from the pickle halves. Fill each pickle half with cream cheese mixture and join halves.
- Place an egg roll wrapper on a clean surface in a diamond shape. Dampen your finger in pickle juice and wet outside edges of the egg roll wrapper. Place pickle in the center of the bottom half of the wrapper. Fold up bottom half and tightly fold in sides. Gently roll and seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers, pickles, and pickle juice.
- In a large skillet over medium, heat 1/2″ oil until it starts to bubble. Add egg rolls and fry until golden, 1 minute per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to cool slightly.
- Sprinkle egg rolls with chives and serve warm with more French’s Honey Mustard for dipping.