Chicken Cordon Bleu is CLASSIC fancy dinner party food. We took the basic elements and turned them into the more approachable (but still delicious) cheese stuffed chicken meatballs. Ground chicken has never tasted so good!
Made it? Let us know how it went in the comment section below!
INGREDIENTSFOR THE MEATBALLS1 lb.
ground chicken1 1/4 c.
panko bread crumbs1/4 c.
large egg1 tsp.
Swiss cheese, cut into sixteen 1/2″ pieces4
thin slices deli black forest ham, quartered2 tbsp.
extra-virgin olive oilFOR THE SAUCE1 tbsp.
all-purpose flour1 c.
whole milk2 tsp.
Dijon mustard3/4 tsp.
McCormick Himalayan Pink Salt, Black Pepper, Garlic Blend2 tbsp.
freshly chopped parsley, for serving
- Make the meatballs: In a medium bowl, combine chicken, panko, Parmesan, egg, and 1 teaspoon McCormick Himalayan Pink Salt, Black Pepper, Garlic Blend. Scoop meatball mixture into 16 small balls, about 2 tablespoons each.
- Using lightly dampened hands, flatten one ball into a thin patty. Wrap one piece of Swiss cheese in one piece of ham, then press into the center of a patty and seal patty tightly around cheese. Repeat with remaining balls, cheese, and ham.
- In a medium high-sided skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add meatballs and cook, turning frequently, until deeply golden all over and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Transfer meatballs to a plate. Wipe excess oil from skillet.
- Make the sauce: Reduce heat to medium and add butter and flour. Cook, stirring to lightly toast the flour, 30 seconds. Whisk in milk, Dijon, and ¾ teaspoon McCormick Himalayan Pink Salt, Black Pepper, Garlic Blend. Bring to a simmer and return meatballs to skillet. Cook, stirring, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.