I called this The Ultimate Baked Spaghetti because I combined two of my favorite baked spaghetti recipes and made one great recipe. The “ultimate” if you will. This was crazy good. I wanted to eat the whole pan! We ate this for dinner and again lunch the next day.
This Ultimate Baked Spaghetti is very easy to make. Start the spaghetti cooking. While the spaghetti is cooking, whisk together the eggs, parmesan, and melted butter. Toss that with the cooked spaghetti. Top the spaghetti mixture with a combination of cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Finally, top everything with some cooked Italian Sausage or ground beef and jarred spaghetti sauce. You can make it in advance and refrigerate until ready to bake.
I get a lot of questions about which jarred spaghetti sauces I like to use. Here are three of my favorites. They are all great, and I use them for all of my recipes that call for jarred spaghetti sauce.
Can I freeze Baked Spaghetti
Absolutely! This Ultimate Baked Spaghetti also freezes well. You could even split the recipe into two 8×8 foil pans – bake one now and freeze one unbaked for later. When ready to bake the frozen baked spaghetti, thaw completely and bake as directed below.
For the leftovers, I cut them into single serving squares and freeze them wrapped in plastic wrap. When ready to eat, just thaw and pop in the microwave. Perfect for a quick and easy meal later!
Baked Spaghetti for a Crowd
This makes a ton. It would be great for a potluck. You can serve about 12 people with this Ultimate Baked Spaghetti Casserole. If you have a large crowd, just double or triple the recipe. You can make this in advance, so it is great for parties! Serve this with a simple salad and some garlic bread for an amazing Italian feast!
The Ultimate Baked Spaghetti
prep time: 15 minscook time: 45 minstotal time: 60 minsThe Ultimate Baked Spaghetti – cheesy spaghetti topped with Italian seasoned cream cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese – SOOOO good! Makes a great freezer meal too! We ate this two days in a row!
- 16-oz thin spaghetti
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 5 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lb Italian sausage or hamburger, cooked
- 1 (24-oz) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9×13-inch pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain. Whisk together eggs, parmesan cheese, and melted butter. Toss with pasta. Place in prepared pan.
- Combine Italian seasoning, garlic, cream cheese, and sour cream. Spread over pasta.
- Combined cooked sausage or hamburger and spaghetti sauce. Spread over cream cheese mixture. Top with 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.